We have now certified about 700 patients in the NYS Medical Marijuana program. We have over 250 data points in our results database. Some things that are shaking down, in no particular order seem to be:
- sleep often gets better first, then pain gets better after you adjust the dosing
- there is a lot of CB1 receptor heterogeneity in response to inhaled delta-9-THC versus ingested (eaten) 11-OH-delta-9-THC. This heterogeneity is not only in the response to the medicine, but also to the side effects from the medicine.
- CBDs will give a very small percentage of people side effects like a buzz, GI issues like dyspepsia or diarrhea
- you can get around 50% excellent symptom relief if you adjust medical marijuana in the first couple months
- you can’t predict what or how much of what medical marijuana will work for any one person
More updates as we get more data.